Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Day of the Dead was Yesterday!

You're a day late. Ghosts are supposed to be back in their graves by now. Your voice on the phone is untimely. Why is it that every single freakin' time I hear your voice my being responds like it's been hit with an electric charge? It takes me hours to calm back down and forget again.

Yet, you are never gone. You color everything - my thoughts, my decisions, my feelings. I was reborn through you and then you left me to fend for myself. There are times now that I want to see you again and say and do all the things I had repressed in the hopes of getting you back. I wonder if you would still haunt me like you do if I had gone ahead and purged you like everyone told me to. It's only in moments like these that I become aware of how bitter I am. I chose not to hate you so my soul wouldn't be cankered with your betrayal but the feelings are still there regardless of my ignorance.

Go away now. Sleep now. Leave me with my hollow peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment