Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Lightning Scar

I have decided you are Voldemort and I am Harry Potter. Whenever I'm near you, the scar you left on my heart burns and I lose all composure. I can't think, my heart races, adrenaline courses through my body, and I start to sweat. I stammer and say stupid things. I'm incredibly self conscious and feel myself shrink in the estimation of your gaze.

It's been six years. I thought I was healed, and I am in a way. Love is all around me. I'm so lucky...so blessed...to have such amazing people to travel through life with. Especially Chris, who's so devoted, so loving. Yet, the memory of what I thought you and I had is buried inside me like a bullet, a shard, a splinter that works its way to the surface, pulled by your magnetism,  irritating everything in its course.

It's probably good you and I are no longer together. I would have done anything to please you, gone to any lengths to satisfy you. You were all that mattered. Family, friends, interests, commitments were all expendable when it came to you. It's good you left before I could complete the things I was doing to move everyone and everything out of the way for you. Had it gone on longer, there's no telling who and what I would have lost.

So, until the next time our paths cross, you enjoy whatever it is that puts that smug grin on your face. I'll go back to appreciating what I have and try to forget...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment